Not much to say today...woke up, practiced for awhile & learned a new fill. Then Mom & I went to lunch at Panera, & it was delicious. Somehow we started talking about beer. Haha. One of my co-workers stated (after my expressed dislike for said alcohol), "Oh yeah, I hated beer when I first started drinking, but I just kept drinking it & made myself like it." I'm pretty sure that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Mom said, "I don't like cream soda, I'm not going to force myself to drink it." That's a good point. If you don't like a certain type of food why would you keep eating it? Beer must be different because it's cheap. I believe maybe this is why America is alcoholics. Yep. That's a terribly worded sentence, but it's the truth.
After lunch we went to Best Buy to look for a new phone for me, but sadly my contract is not up until December 15. So no new phone today. Then there was work, which actually went alright for a tuesday night...can't complain.
Thursday I have my first drum lesson. That should be fun. I'm doing everything I can to keep my days filled until next month. When I'm not busy I have time to sit & think, & then I'm just really sad.
I got the book I ordered from Amazon, it's called "How Do You Know He's Real? God Unplugged". It has various testimonies from Christian "celebrities" (I bought it because it has a blurb in there from John Cooper), & I was really pleased to see that it had the testimony of Joseph Rojas from Seventh Day Slumber. I've had the good fortune to see them play a couple of times, & his testimony gets me every time. He tried to kill himself by overdosing on cocaine, but in the back of the ambulance he met Jesus. Another one I was sort of surprised at was Jonny Lang. I remember seeing him on the Disney channel haha. Anyway, he got into drugs & drinking at a pretty young age, but when a pastor friend of his died, he felt this weird feeling in his stomach & started convulsing & hearing God speak to him. One of his friends was right next to him the whole time & doesn't even remember it happening. Talk about a truly personal experience with God.
Speaking of near death & "God Experiences," I've recently been..."re-approached" with the idea of having cosmetic surgery to fix my scar. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I always liked my scar--it makes me unique & gives me a chance to tell people what a miracle it is that I am alive. But the idea of looking "normal" is somewhat appealing too...it's a big decision & I guess I just really need to pray about it. I've already turned down this surgery twice (once it was offered for free), so I don't know how I feel about having it done now. But I know God will guide me in my decision.
Look, I had some things to say after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment