So, I was perusing through Myspace earlier & thought I recognized someone I used to know on a friend's page. I clicked her picture, & it wasn't who I thought it was, but I noticed her last login was 8/28/2007...which is kinda weird, considering how Myspace & Facebook pretty much rule the world now (see earlier posts). I scrolled down to her comments, & it turns out that this girl was driving home (she lived in the next town over) early in the morning on August 29, & she fell asleep at the wheel. Her car went over a bridge, & she was killed instantly. She was only 18. It was just so surreal, seeing her Myspace untouched for a year & a half...people still leave comments for her. And the sad thing is, from all her pictures she seemed like just another party girl. It just makes me think, what if it was me, what would people see on my Myspace, or Facebook after I'm gone? Puts things in perspective about the kind of image you want to give.
I've also come to realize that I'm not too worried about my own death...I worry about the people I care about. I read Brittany's Myspace comments & I just think, what if it was someone I knew? It's just so sad to see all those comments that she will never see. The comments from her boyfriend are the worst. I don't think I could handle that if it was MY sister/boyfriend/best friend. I've never had to deal with the death of someone really close, & I dread the day that I do.
People who have passed away at such a young age always really affect me for some reason. I know that it's all in God's plan & timing, but sometimes it just seems so senseless. Even though there is a purpose for everything, it doesn't make it any less sad.
2 comments:
I have a dear friend who lost her son in Iraq in 2007. His myspace is still active and people leave comments to him too, but not as often as before. The weird thing, in Dec. 2006 he posted a myspace blog entitled "in the blink of an eye". They read that blog at his funeral. So yea, what we post really does mean something.
I got overruled on OG. We're going to Delta Cafe ugh!!!!!!
No more days lol.
Okay, so let's hear all about your week....you've been away from your blog too long!
Post a Comment