I hate everything about it. I don't get what the big deal is...unless you're addicted to gambling, sex, drugs, or alcohol. Everybody's always talking about how cool it is there, & I guess the first time you go, with the cool hotels & everything, it's all right. There's some good shopping. But I can't think of anyone I know that goes to Vegas to go shopping. I've been there...3 times, I think?...& that was 2 times too many.
I hate that once the sun goes down, the little hispanic guys are standing every ten feet up & down the Strip handing out hooker flyers to anyone that makes eye contact. Even to kids! And every single one of those flyers SCREAMS that that's how women "should" look. Like we don't have enough problems living up to men's expectations of looking like Angelina or Heidi or Gisele or ANY of the Jessicas. I am so sick & tired of being TOLD what's beautiful by TV & music & magazines. When did everyone get so superficial?! Brad Pitt said it best in "Fight Club"..."You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f---ing khakis." Why are people SO focused on being "beautiful"?! It's pissing me off.
I hate how everything in Vegas just sort of gives the okay for anything & everything you've always been told is bad...but Vegas tells you it's okay! It's good! Do it! "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," right? Too bad Sin City can't fall off into the ocean like California supposedly is.
Sorry for the rant. I'm annoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment