My cousin spent the night last night. It was good times, except she always goes to bed way too early. So I was up till 2am reading this book I ordered on Amazon, "Baby Plays Around." It's an autobiography, basically, of this chick who taught herself to drum by sneaking into her brother's room & playing his kit when she was 9, but she doesn't get involved with a band until she's 30. Which gives me hope, because I see all these bands out there that are SUPER successful (Paramore, VersaEmerge, Crooked X), & the members aren't even 21 yet, & it's a little discouraging. But I cross my fingers that there is still hope for a(n almost) 22-year-old girl drummer that's been playing about 5 months.
Speaking of Paramore, I just found their blog at http://paramoreband.livejournal.com/ & you should check it out. Apparently they're going into the studio next week to work on their third album! Way excited about this. That means that Skillet, Flyleaf, & Paramore will all have new albums this year. Which is incredibly exciting news.
Okay, I need to stop being lazy & go get in the shower. And beat the skins a bit before work...practicing some new fills for the BarlowGirl song, which means new video coming soooon!
1 comment:
i follow paramore's blog!!
Post a Comment