Monday, June 15, 2009

My Eyeballs Are Tired.

Insomnia sucksssss.

Went to Norman to celebrate my Grandpa's 80th Birthday yesterday.  I can't believe he's 80.  He doesn't seem 80.  He's still just as sharp as he was 20 years ago.  I think he will live forever.  He seemed tired & stressed yesterday though...my Grandma was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's & everyone is taking it pretty hard.  She gets so frustrated that she can't remember things...she seems to think everyone has a big secret they're not letting her in on, which, in reality, we've told her things a hundred times.  She just can't remember.  It's so sad to see.  It was good to spend time with my cousin & the rest of my family though.

The photoshoot for the wedding this weekend was a success for the most part.  There are a few where the decorative lights/other people's camera flashes messed up the exposure, but I think all the important moments were captured quite well.  I ran into my old neighbors Danielle & Tami at the wedding as well...it was good to see them, but a bit surprising.  Danielle is 8 months pregnant.  She makes quite a cute little mom though, & she seems to have a very mature outlook on the whole situation.  And at least she's not in high school.  It seems like it's the "cool" thing to do to get pregnant in high school now, like the cool thing used to be carrying tiny dogs around like Paris Hilton.  Now it's "cool" to carry carseats around.  Movies like "Juno" or shows like "The Secret Life Of The American Teenager" & "16 & Pregnant" tend to glamorize the situation a bit too much.  I mean, I'm 22 & I can't imagine being pregnant, much less being 16 & trying to deal with all of that.  I know probably every generation has said this, but I'm honestly scared for the next generation.  They will have all been raised by KIDS.  It's craziness.

I'm so glad to have a day off work.  I had a free lunch at Chick-fil-A with my Mom today & then gave the Bill a bath.  He was starting to smell pretty bad.  He spends all his time outside with his frisbee now that it's warm, so he gets pretty stinky.

Time for a nap, I think.

No comments: