Monday, August 10, 2009

A Miracle Happened!

God is amazing. Joelle arrived in Tulsa 4 DAYS early...which meant that she was able to go to the Skillet show with me. We couldn't believe it. We have been talking about seeing Skillet together since we first became friends like four years ago. I had doubts whether it would ever happen, until she said she was moving to Texas for school...& then had doubts again when I found out I'd be moving to Wisconsin. But God is amazing & Joelle & I saw Skillet together for the first (& I'm sure not the last) time on August 7.

It was an amazing show...Joelle & I helped Tate (Skillet's cellist) set up the merch table & then got to sit in on sound check. Then we met up with 2 girls from the skillet.com forums, Miki & Rachel, & got to hang out with John & Korey for awhile before the doors opened. And I FINALLY found out what Korey wanted to talk to me about! She wants to take me out for coffee when I get to Kenosha. I can't believe Korey Cooper wants to hang out with me. That is just so surreal. And Judy was there too, which I wasn't expecting!! It was so nice to see her! After some confusion with Scotty & getting our tickets, we got in & got some great seats. It turned out that Skillet was headlining a youth conference, so it was a little odd sitting & listening to a guy preach about going back to high school for an hour & a half, but Skillet
brought the rock in the round & it was awesome as always. After the show we got to hang with the band outside for awhile & get some pics & autographs for Panheads Online prizes.
After chatting with the band awhile Scottyrock came over & talked to us for a good half hour before we left. That guy is so cool. I seriously think he is one of my top favorite people of all time. He told us some interesting security guard stories & we had a good time catching up & chatting. It's funny how people think he's so scary. Joelle & I convinced him to take a pic with us...
I think it turned out pretty great.

I can't believe this summer has gone by so fast...seems like it was forever ago that I was planning on seeing Skillet...& seeing them with Joelle...craziness. It was freaking amazing.

1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Don't think for a minute it was by chance that you were sitting listening to a preacher preach to youth. I still learn when I go to our youth events and sometimes think I get more out of it than the kids do.

I always love hearing about your Skillet adventures!