"Obey the King's command, I say, because you took an oath before God. Do not be in a hurry to leave the King's presence. Do not stand up for a bad cause, for he will do whatever he pleases. Since a king's word is supreme, who can say to him, "What are you doing?"
Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm,
and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.
For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter,
though a man's misery weighs heavily upon him.
Since no man knows the future,
who can tell him what is to come?
No man has power over the wind to contain it;
so no one has power over the day of his death.
As no one is discharged in time of war,
so wickedness will not release those who practice it."
That is SO the Word of the Lord to me right now...which I know, because I don't like it & I don't really feel like being patient. *sigh* I may not always like what God speaks to me, but I am SO thankful that He is consistent in speaking! He said "wait"...I know there will be reward in it if I do, even if I can't possibly imagine what at this moment in time. He who began a good work will perfect it. I have faith.
I took a road trip to the City yesterday with my friend Sarah that I used to work with at Chili's. We went to a movie, visited my sister, had drinks at Coyote Ugly, rode a million rides at Frontier City, & had dinner with Cristen. It was a great girl's "weekend" & it was nice to get away...even if it wasn't our original intended destination. It's funny, because I had a great time, & everything was so fun, but driving home I felt this sort of...weird stress over random stupid little things. And all of a sudden it hit me that in the middle of all the activity of the last two days, I haven't had any good alone time with God. And I LOVE it that I realized that! Not so long ago, I remember when I could go months without even opening my Bible & not even realizing it. Now if I go one DAY without hearing God's voice & seeing His direction, I get tense & stressed, but I RECOGNIZE WHY! Augh, that is SUCH a huge step for me! And like I said above...even though I can be inconsistent in my time spent with Him, He is ALWAYS consistent to speak. I just need to listen. He is so good.
I really was going to blog more about my trip...but I'm just in awe of what a mighty God I serve. I am so thankful to be a part of His plan.
P.S.--My friend Shannon told me about this band Neon Trees. I love them. And not just because they have a girl drummer. Although that has alot to do with it. ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment