Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lisa & Dino

I live with them, & they are lovely.

The thing I notice about them though, is that even though they've been together for...oh...13 years or something like that, they just have a real love. They went to high school together but were never really friends, then crossed paths years later when Lisa was bartending...he went in, recognized her, they chatted, & he asked her to marry him a month later. It's like that fairytale whirlwind we all see in movies.

As if that isn't enough, you can just TELL how solid their relationship is. They don't have to be talking or touching all the time...but I see it when he's working late & Lisa will say, "Oh, I wish my Dino were home already..." Or when he teases her for being a scaredy-cat. Or when she goes into the kitchen every single night before bed to make him lunch for work the next day. I see all the ways she serves him & all the ways he supports her, & I just think to myself, "THIS is how it's supposed to be." It isn't always pretty & perfect, but it's always genuine.

That's what I want.

No comments: