Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Obedient Response

Eternal Word, faithful and true
I’ve resolved that I will follow you
Divert my eyes from worthless things
I will focus on the vision you bring
I will run the race that you lay out for me

My whole life one long obedient response
To You, my King
‘Cause I cherish all you’ve said
And I’m so grateful for the things
That you have done for me

I won’t give up when hard times come
I’m devoted so I will press on
My soul’s consumed, hungry for sight
You’re my counsel and your Word is my delight
I will stay the course that you have set for me

My whole life one long obedient response
To You, my King
‘Cause I cherish all you’ve said
And I’m so grateful for the things
That you have done for me

So here I am, I wait for you
You renew me with your perfect Truth
How sweet your words are to my taste
Satisfying me in the deepest place
I will keep your Word alive inside of me

My whole life one long obedient response
To You, my King
‘Cause I cherish all you’ve said
And I’m so grateful for the things
That you have done for me

No comments: