But I love to help people. And in this day & age, it's SO EASY to do so. So I don't even know who reads this blog anymore, but I'm going to use this post to promote a few organizations that I've supported & really feel passionate about.
Their Mission:
TOMS was founded on a simple premise: With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One. Using the purchasing power of individuals to benefit the greater good is what we're all about. The TOMS mission transforms our customers into benefactors, which allows us to grow a truly sustainable business rather than depending on fundraising for support.
How You Can Get Involved:
Order a pair of shoes! And can I just say, they're the most comfortable shoes I've had in my life.
Their Mission:
How You Can Get Involved:
Check out their website; wear a red thread to raise awareness, or get your favorite band to support the movement by selling the threads at their concerts.
Their Mission:
Owning even one bra is a luxury in many parts of Sub-Saharan Africa. A bra is a status symbol & a mark of sophistication. Naturally, most women would love to have one. When you give us a bra, you are giving a job to former victim of human trafficking. We will ship the bras to our partners in Mozambique, Africa. These safehouses provide shelter and rehabilitation for girls and women who have been rescued from slavery.
The bras will be washed and mended, and sold by the safehouse as a means of supporting their rehabilitation programs—and more importantly, as a job opportunity for the former slaves. Of course, each woman in the safehouse will be able to choose several bras to keep.
How You Can Get Involved:
Donate your old bras that you don't wear by mailing them to the address listed on the website.
Romans 12:13
Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
1 comment:
the bra one is really cool also those red bracelets are lovely. i'm thinking about ordering one :o)
ps, you KNOW i read still ;)
Post a Comment