Now, I will be the first to tell you that this is the exception, not the rule. You would be absolutely barking mad to expect to date a man like this & have the same thing happen to you. "But SOMEONE has to tame him," you tell yourself, "why can't it be me?" Because movies are not real life, & the gorgeous guy with the photoshopped abs that hits on you at the bar will not fall in love with you, because he only wants one thing from you. He may make you THINK that he loves you to get that one thing, but to him you are the rule & not the exception.
However...
Wouldn't it be nice to be the exception?
I want to be someone's exception. I want to be the one he falls in love with because I laugh at my own jokes, & I bite my lip when I'm thinking too hard, & I love Star Wars more than any other movie, & I can't cook at all but I make the best chocolate chip cookies you'll ever eat. I don't want to be that girl at the bar who looks like a stone-cold fox, but there's nothing underneath. I want to be the exception, to someone, somewhere, someday.
I don't want a perfect love story. I want to fall in love with someone who appreciates all my quirks & annoying habits because those things are a part of who God created me to be; someone that sees God in me, & I in him, & together we are able to impact the Kingdom of God in a way that no other two people joined together on this earth are able to do.
It doesn't seem like too much to ask...but it's definitely the exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment