Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nothing Creative Comes To Mind...

Today I had my first drum lesson. I'm catching on pretty quickly I think, at least that's what Emily said. I've already nailed the basic rock beat & now I'm learning to expand on it & how to read drum music. I think I've definitely found my musical niche! I'm already excited to practice this week, & for my lesson next thursday.

After my lesson I went shopping with my Mom. We went to Kohl's where I bought a cute white long-sleeved tee with pink "paint" spatter on it. Then we went to Shoe Carnival to look for some boots for Mom & I found the most comfortable sneakers I've ever worn in my LIFE--they're made of canvas & rubber. They're called Blowfish. I've never heard of them, but they were regular $40, marked down to $9. So I had to have those too.

God has really been changing me & answering prayer lately. I went to Shannon's wedding shower last weekend, & her sisters did a devotion for her & gave her some advice. Something Amanda said really struck me (even though I'm not married & probably will not be getting married anytime soon). She said that she didn't realize her selfishness in her marriage at first, & that she always had the idea that if her husband wasn't loving her "the right way," she would just teach him how to fix it, & that that is a very selfish point of view. It made me realize that I had been doing that very same thing in my relationship, & that I had quit depending on God because I thought that I could handle it better. I think that's where things started to go wrong. Now that I realize that, I really hope it's not too late to fix it. It's like I'm a whole new person, & I hope I can have the chance to prove that.

They're doing construction all around our house right now--repaving the roads & laying cable. My dog has been going crazy. He'll be napping, or chewing his toys & then out of nowhere he'll leap up & start barking like crazy. We tell him to shut up & then he just sort of marches around the house growling under his breath. His short little legs crack me up. He's so funny looking.

I can't believe tomorrow is Halloween. I don't have a costume. It's been a few years since I went to a costume party. But I'm sure I'll find something fun to do. Maybe I'll go to Tanya's & play RockBand all night & pass out candy. Hahaha.

Sis sent me this picture today...the show starts next week! Mom & Dad are flying out wednesday, wish I could go. But I need to stay here & make some money so I'll be able to spend it when I get there at Thanksgiving!

EDIT: Check out these photos of Alli...with camels!

1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Aren't we glad He never gives up on us?

I love hearing about your shopping trip with your mom. And $9 shoes! That rocks!

Remember trick or treating as a kid? Those were the good old days.