I went to my parents' church with Cristen this morning. I really enjoyed it, they have good music. And we all know how important good music is to me! The only thing I didn't like was you couldn't see the drummer at all. They had him in like a seperate room & miked through the system which was stinky because I wanted to see what he was playing. The sermon was good, it was about loving your enemies. Something I'd say I definitely have trouble with. I think we will visit again next week. It's not quite like Counter-Culture, but then, nothing is. I miss my church, but I think I could enjoy this one too.
After church I came home & took a 3-hour nap which was sooooo nice, I can't remember the last time I had a good nap. It's going to be a nice lazy day--someone even picked up my shift at work. I practiced a little bit last night & this morning, & I'm getting better at opening the hi-hats, which is good. That's the only thing I've really gotten hung up on for some reason. But I'm learning quickly, I can't even begin to tell you the sense of accomplishment I feel when I finally pick up a beat I've been having trouble with!
Not too much to report today. One week from tomorrow I will be leaving for NYC! I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. And this weekend my cousin is coming to town & we're going to the NIN concert. And then the very first weekend in December my Aunt (Mom's sister) is coming to visit, & I think it's been at least a couple of years since I've seen her. So I'm excited about that! Then Christmas will be here again in no time...man, time is flying. It seems like every year goes by faster, it's so crazy.
Joelle gets to see Skillet tonight! She's driving 7 hours in a snowstorm to see them, AND she's driving back TONIGHT because she has school tomorrow. I think she is officially more hardcore than me. I wish I could go with her! I get to see them in Dallas in April though, so at least I have that to look forward to--I'm sure it will be here in no time.
No comments:
Post a Comment