Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sorry I Missed A Day...

I've been so preoccupied reading "Twilight" I barely have time for anything else! I wish I had an Edward (which is, I'm almost certain, why these books are so popular). I'm going to see the movie again tonight. It's my new addiction, & if you know nothing else about me, know that I have a very addictive personality.

My cousin came in town friday night, & we had "Thanksgiving" at our house on saturday morning, which was nice. But now I'm all confused about my dates because I feel like Thanksgiving has already passed. It's strange. Then last night we went to the Nine Inch Nails concert with Sidney (her boyfriend) & his parents - they are so sweet, they bought ALL of us tickets & wouldn't even let me pay them back! The show was great, they had some awesome special effects, & our seats weren't too bad either.

Cristen & I went to church this morning & it was just what I needed. The sermon was about stress (& if you've been reading my blog AT ALL you know I've had plenty of stupid reasons to be stressed!), & it helped me to calm down & remember to take one day at a time & remember that God has it all worked out already. So I'm trying to take a deep breath & put everything off that can wait until I get back.

Tonight I'm taking Bill to the Dunns house to stay. It always makes me sad to leave him somewhere...he has such sad little puppy eyes, & I wonder what it must be like, being such a little dog in a big strange place & not knowing if your best friend will ever be coming back. It makes me sad just thinking about it...moving on.

I sure hope I've remembered to pack everything...we're leaving at 5am tomorrow & I know I won't be coherant enough to remember ANYTHING then, so cross your fingers for me, haha.

OH! I almost forgot! Be sure to watch the Rachael Ray show the day before Thanksgiving, my sister is going to be on it. http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/ (<~Click on 11/26 for details; that's her standing right behind Rachael holding a gift.)

And now I'm off to read more of my book. It's getting better every page, Edward & Bella are playing baseball with the Cullens & the "others" just showed up. If you haven't read these books, DO IT NOW, I'm so not even kidding. Here's the trailer to inspire you:


Have a good Thanksgiving, everyone be safe. (I still don't have a cable for my laptop so I won't be posting until I get back.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for some reason your blog updates have no been coming up on my blog roll, so i just caught up on all of your posts.

i read the twilight series... and got what i was expecting from the movie... and the second movie is going to suck if it's like the book! not because it was badly written, it's just sad until the end I guess. but still... you will keep reading it just like the first because you'll be dying to know how it ends. oh goodness... but by the end of the last book I was pleased. I was ok with it being over, unlike most high school girls. I'm reading "the host" now.. another one of her books. it's pretty good. i think you would like it.

I hope you have a blast in NYC... I can't believe Alli was on Rachel Ray... I'm jealous. Talk to you later..

SoonerAggieMom said...

I agree with Shannon, it doesn't update on the blog roll. It started after you made it private.

I'm sure Bill will be fine while you're gone. It's harder on the humans.

I hope to see you when you get back.