Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why Can't They Hire People You Can Understand?!

I just called to verify my Best Buy credit card, & I'm not trying to be racist, but why can't they hire people you can understand?  I got stuck talking to some Indian lady & she kept telling me about some credit monitoring service for $9.99 a month & I kept saying no thank you & she would say something to the effect of, "Okay, but you will instantly see benefits of credit moniter..." & then she'd launch into the whole thing over again.  I kept saying no but she would NOT shut up!  So if I get charged an extra ten bucks on my next statement I will be pissed.

Went to see The Drowsy Chaperone with the fam on sunday night.  I have to say, it was almost as good as the one we saw 3 years ago on Broadway.  There was one character that didn't play his role quite as well, but overall it was an awesome production.  If anyone has a chance to see it I definitely recommend it.  Yesterday my Mom & my sister & I went to see "UP."  It was really cute, but definitely a tear-jerker.  Even the traditional Pixar short before the movie started was kind of sad.  Maybe I'm over-emotional lately.  Or maybe Disney is trying to put kids into therapy?  Either way, it WAS a good movie.  Did I mention that we saw it in 3D?  I never want to see a regular movie ever again.  Maybe someday movies will always be in 3D.

I had a great conversation with my high school youth pastor yesterday.  I miss him.  He resigned right after I graduated because he has lyme disease.  It's so awful to see such good people go through something like that.  Now it's attacking his heart, & a good day is when he can actually get out of bed.  You'd have to know this guy to understand the strength of that statement.  He was the best youth pastor, always planning cool activities for the youth...& actually getting involved in them.  And now he's too sick to even walk.  But in spite of all of that, he has a good attitude & jumped at the opportunity to offer me a stellar recommendation for the School of Worship.  He told the director of the school only wonderful things about me, & it was so encouraging to hear what he had to say.  

Speaking of school, I think everyone who reads this blog has already seen it, but I've started a blog to write in when I leave for Wisconsin here.  I'll probably still be writing in this one, but all my school-related stuff will be there.  I need to stop making blogs.  But I'm all about organization haha.

Okay time to get ready for work.  Blah.  Today is my monday.

No comments: