Thursday, August 20, 2009

No More Work!

My last night at OG was tuesday. It was actually a pretty easy night...slow, relaxing, all the cool people were there. I was actually kind of sad when I walked out those front doors, mostly knowing how much my life is about to change...

Bear & Christy spent the night last night & we got to talk about their upcoming missions to Slovenia. They move next month & they will be there for 5 years. It is so amazing to see how God called them to this mission...they started off being drawn to children's ministries overseas, but God ended up showing them through dreams, random conversations with others, & prayer that He wanted them doing church planting in Slovenia. So amazing! It's such a crazy, exciting thing for them, & it was so inspiring to see how they have adjusted their lives to God's Will. I hope to be able to do the same thing in my own life.

Today I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife with my mom. It was interesting. Everyone talks about how cool it would be to go back into time, or see into the future, but you don't think of the negative aspects of something like that. Even if you could move forward or backward without actually changing anything at all, it would still color how you look at the present. In my opinion. Although there have been so many times I've wished that I could see myself a year from now, 5 years from now, or 10. I'm not a patient person. But I'm learning.

Still no word on where I will be living in two weeks...stress is high.

No comments: