For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
During worship, we ended up spending alot of time just in prayer...for specific people, but also just spent time declaring God's reign over specific areas in our lives. As we were wrapping up, most of the congregation had broken off into smaller groups to pray for certain individuals. I was leaned over my snare drum, just praying...not for anything in particular, just praying. Karen came up behind me & put her hands on my back & prayed over me for awhile. She had a word for me that God has called me into this season, not to frustrate or discourage me, but as a test to strengthen & enable me for the things to come. He wants to further reveal His love & His grace & His justice to me as I become more dependent on Him alone for satisfaction. He is my closest friend, & greatest comfort, & He will bring to pass the things which He has promised me. He has purposed this season, but I should not be afraid because He has already gone before me & He knows the steps I will take. He has begun a good work in me, & will see it to completion. I felt a wave of relief. And I just cried in thankfulness. He responded to literally everything I talked to Him about last night, & He spoke to me in a way that I would hear Him clearly, with nothing in the way to cloud my thoughts. I am so amazed at the continual grace & love He shows me, & the numerous confirmations He gives me that I am on the right path.
I'm so thankful that we have a loving, personal God who speaks to us clearly & regularly.
1 comment:
I'm so thankful that we have a loving, personal God who speaks to us clearly & regularly.
THIS. ♥
Post a Comment