Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Are These For Your Boyfriend?"

That's what the guy that works at Guitar Center asked me when I was purchasing my drumsticks. No. They are not. I don't have a boyfriend, thanks for reminding me. They're for me.

My drum lesson went really well today, Emily said she doesn't think I'll need lessons much longer. She said I've learned more in two week than most people can learn in two months, so that's encouraging. I feel like I'm doing well, but I guess I didn't realize how well. So, go me, or something. Also, she said she's going to look up some Skillet songs to teach me. SWEET.

I'm really bored, & I don't have much to say. You can stop reading if you want to. Actually, I think for now I'm going to stop writing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep having thoughts & editing this.

I'm watching Skillet's live DVD. Jen is a BEAST on the drums, I hope I can play that well someday. It's odd, I always really liked Lori, I think she's an amazing drummer, but I just love Jen's drumming. Maybe I'm biased because she's my friend, I don't know. But I love how she's always head-banging. Lori's hair was always flying around, but Jen is like full-force head-banging like 75% of the time. I think that's cool. I hope I'll be coordinated enough to have my right hand, left hand, & both pedals going & be able to have enough space left in my brain to headbang. It looks so cool. I want to look cool when I play. Haha.

You know what I always thought would be cool? To have a band with a chick drummer, chick guitarist, chick keyboardist...& a guy lead singer. I mean, there are alot of female-fronted bands, but have you ever seen a band with all girls & one guy?? I haven't. I think it would be a good way to get noticed. I don't know if one guy could handle all that estrogen though. I think the techs & crew would have to be guys so he doesn't feel too girly. Or he would have to be married to one of the girls in the band. I think this is a genius idea.

And now I really am done writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that's awesome. maybe my brother and your sister will get married. hahahahaha.

i'll get back to you with the dates. there are so many in my head right now. thanks for being my friend - haha.

SoonerAggieMom said...

"Are these for your boyfriend?" I bet you wanted to smack the guy.

Don't stop writing. It makes me feel like part of your world. You know how it feels to be away from family and friends.

Head-banging sounds like a headache to me ('cause I'm old).