So I went & saw the new Bond movie with Tanya tonight (she won tickets to the first show at 7:30). Let me say, I have only seen one other Bond movie & I can't even remember the name of it. So clearly I don't really keep up with the series. On the other hand, Tanya has seen every Bond movie ever made, so suffice it to say she's a fan. At the end of the movie, both of us were COMPLETELY confused. Actually, through the whole movie we were both COMPLETELY confused. I kept thinking that at any moment it should all sort of start to come together & the lightbulb would come on & I'd go, "Ohhhhhhhh, it all makes sense now!!!" No. It was kind of like this - Fighting Scene...ten words spoken...EXPLOSION!...another ten or so words...Fighting AND Explosion!...Death!...a few more words...End Credits! Maybe I'm just retarded, but I was sitting there going "Huh?" at the end of it all. The action scenes were pretty cool, & Daniel Craig makes a good Bond, but I was pretty glad I didn't pay for my ticket.
Had my drum lesson today...it went really well, we didn't really cover too much this week because I got stuck on opening the hi-hats. Ergh. Talk about crazy hard coordination. I think by the end of the lesson I had a couple of the beats down, but it will take alot more practice for sure. Next week I get to start learning this really cool beat Emily made up, & I get to start learning Skillet songs ("The Last Night" & "Savior")! Yay!
Speaking of Skillet songs, I added one to my blog. Give it a listen, hopefully it will impact you like it does me...it gives me chills every time I hear it. John wrote it about a dream he had once. If only I were so lucky to see God in such a vivid way through a dream. But I don't have dreams, & the rare times I do I never remember them.
Tomorrow (err, later today, I guess...) I'm going shopping with my Mom to hopefully find a new computer cable. On closer examination, mine is definitely destroyed. Also I'm kind of hoping to find a Christmas present for my sister (she is SO hard to shop for!) & I'd kinda like to go to Guitar Center & pick up another drum key to stick on my keychain. I can just imagine somewhere in the future getting ready to play my very first show someplace & realizing my drums are seriously out of tune, & then realizing I left my drum key at home & having to play the entire thing with out-of-tune drums. So I think spending the $2 on an extra might be handy.
Okay, it's like 2:30am. I'm going to watch "Recess" (call me a dork, I love that show & it's only on at 3am on Disney now) & go to bed.
1 comment:
Oh I hate it when I keep waiting for the moving to make sense, then it ends. Those Bond movies are like that and I think they make them just for Bond fans and the rest of us are clueless. I'm that way about a lot of things lol.
Post a Comment