Monday, November 10, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

It's pouring out. And freezing cold. I miss summer.

My life has been very uneventful lately...sorry to disappoint. Haha. Mom & Dad got back from NYC last night, sounds like Alli is doing good & staying busy. She'll have something like 4 shows a day with one day off until Decmber 30 now. I'm excited to go over Thanksgiving, there's a Sam Ash music store in Times Square I want to check out & the Museum of Natural History is doing this huge exhibit on horses that I'm excited to see. Plus I have a friend in Brooklyn that will be fun to visit.

I went to lunch with Mom & then to the little music store here in O-Town to get a felt thingy for my cymbal. It's funny because that store used to be a t-shirt shop & I remember going in there to order my basketball jersey & there were all kinds of t-shirts all over the walls & hanging from the ceiling. Now there are guitars all over the walls & music ads hanging from the ceiling. It was kind of amusing how it was the same & yet so different.

I talk about my drumming on here alot. Sorry if ya'll don't care about that, haha. Mostly because I'm going to talk about it more right now. Every time I sit down to practice it's like I come up with some new beat or begin to understand one that was frustrating before. I just can't believe how natural it feels, & for the one thousandth time I'm getting the little glimmer of hope that maybe I COULD be in a band. I want to reach people & witness to them through music, & I've never felt natural playing an instrument the way I do with the drums. And there are like four people I work with that want to get toegther & "jam" or "start a project"...I'm like, you do realize I started playing like 3 weeks ago, right? Haha. One of them (another drummer) offered to be the lead singer of my all-girl/one-guy band I will someday have. I almost said, "Great, so long as you don't have a problem wearing a dress!" But I stopped myself.

I also really want to take a trip to visit LLSOW still. I'd love to go to school for drumming there next year, & my friend Heidi said I would definitely be put on a worship team because they're desperate for drummers. Seems to me that most everyone plays guitar these days. Not me, I always like to be different. Haha. In fact, I strive for it most times. Plus I tried to learn guitar once, & I am DEFINITELY not coordinated enough!

I'm rambling.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I wish we lived closer....I'd so start a band with you and it would be awesome!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

i took guitar lessons freshman year, and then quit after one semester. one of my friends that knew my teacher said that my teacher told him he knew i would quit from the beginning. so encouraging! i also quit the violin and piano. seems i only do what comes naturally for me, because i'm lazy. :)thanks for unblocking me

Anonymous said...

oh, and you should totally go to that school. i told you to last year, and i stand by it. it would be so cool.