Friday, January 2, 2009

My Best Friend Is Getting Married Today.

I can't believe it. I remember when we made up dances to Steven Curtis Chapman. And played with model horses. And watched Selena a thousand times. And drank lots of Mountain Dew. And tried to start a band. And made the kids next door believe she was from Sweden. And came up with a way to communicate & sneak off when we got put in different groups in that character building seminar thing. And kicking butt at the three-legged race in AWANA. And when I moved away.

And now she's going to be a wife! To that annoying little kid at church camp! Haha. Who'd have thought. I'm so happy for her. But kind of really sad too. I just moved back, & now she's going away. I don't think I've ever had another friend like her...I remember my first sunday at a new church, bawling my eyes out because I couldn't imagine ever making any other friends ever again. I didn't want to get to know anyone at my youth group because none of them were like her. That feels like so long ago...& now she's all grown up! I couldn't be happier for her.

Congratulations, Shannon. I love you, & I wish you both all the best. I just know your wedding will be perfect.

1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Okay, that does it...no more reading blogs this morning. bawling again. However, I did laugh at the part about the kids next door thinking she was from Sweden.