Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008. I Won't Miss You At All.

Happy New Year everyone. Anyone do anything fun to ring in 09? I had to work till 9:30 at Chili's (worst night EVER--$0.29 tip on the first table, stiffed on another, & a dine & dash on the last), then went to Tanya's. We ate pizza & played RockBand. In fact, we didn't even notice that it was midnight. About 12:15 we looked up & were like, "Oh...well then. What song do you want to play next?" Haha. I've never really cared about New Year's...I never "go out," I'd rather just hang out with family or friends. I don't know why it's never been a big deal to me. I've never made resolutions...not because I break them or anything, just because I don't want to. I know, I'm boring.

I'm glad to see 2008 end though. Not everything this year was bad...I moved back home & I'm so glad I did, but there was alot of heartache I wish I could have skipped over. I guess that's just life, & I've definitely learned from it all...there have just been alot of ups & downs. 2009 is pretty uncertain at this point, but I kind of like it that way.

Yesterday I moved my drums upstairs...omg I was sweating haha. My sister gets home next week & I'm sure she doesn't want drums in her room. So I bit the bullet & moved them. I HATE moving them, not even because they're heavy, but I HATE having to set them up again. I get them adjusted just perfectly & then I have to tear them down & move them & readjust. Grrr...haha. Plus, when I sat down to set them up they were waaaaaay out of tune (a combination of the cold & not practicing as much, I think), so that was my project today. My low & mid toms sounded TERRIBLE. So I spent an hour tuning, & I was pretty pleased with myself. I've never had to tune them when they sound so horrible before haha.

It's 3:30am. I should go to bed.

1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Happy New Year, my friend. I agree with you...I'm ready for 2008 to be a distant memory.

I still find it funny that drums have to be tuned. Who knew???

And a .29 tip? That's outrageous!