I bought a double-bass pedal, a crash cymbal & a ride cymbal from a co-worker tonight for $70. A freakin sweet deal considering the pedal itself is $100 retail. I have a drum lesson on friday & I can't wait to get started with it. Since I didn't get home from work till 11 I haven't had a chance to test out the cymbals, but I'm sure they'll be great. I do need to go out & get another cymbal stand soon for the ride though.
I've been working non-stop. I worked saturday, sunday, & tonight, & my next day off isn't until friday. Which is good, considering I had time off during the ice storm & Isaac's visit, but I think by friday I'll feel dead. And then I have to work saturday as well because everyone has to work V-Day. Even though I'd rather stay home & eat a big tub of ice cream & mope because I have someone but he won't be here. I think that's worse than being alone, personally.
Speaking of friday, I have a photoshoot lined up, so that should be fun. So with the drum lesson & the shoot, it won't TECHNICALLY be a day off, but at least it will be fun work.
The last few nights after work I've gone to Walgreens to get my favorite kind of sunflower seeds but they're out. Does that place ever get a delivery truck? And who's buying those seeds besides me??
1 comment:
i want a double bass sooooooo bad. i love playing with those things.
Post a Comment