Saw Skillet again last night in OKC. SO AMAZING.
I went with Cristen, her brother, & John Dunn. We got to the venue about 4:30, & doors didn't open till 6:30. Cristen & I were sitting against the wall out front & the boys went to walk around, when all of a sudden this huge shadow blocked the sun. We looked up & it was Scottyrock, haha. He was like, "Hi. Wanna come inside?" Of course we did! We waited for the boys to come back & then he took us inside to his "office" to write up our VIP passes. I asked him about interviewing Korey at the show in Wichita Falls next week, & he said, "You know, Korey doesn't do interviews...John does all the press, but you should ask her. Maybe if you ask her instead of me she will do one." On top of that, the Wichita Falls show might not even be happening. Apparently there have been 2 reported cases of swine flu at the University they're supposed to play at, & all public events are cancelled until further notice. "It's ridiculous," Scotty said, "36,000 people have died from the regular flu, but 2 people die of swine flu & the whole country shuts down." Seriously. So hopefully it will all get worked out before then.
We hung out around the merch tables & just waited in the empty venue for the meet & greet at 6:00. Judy, Scotty's wife & Skillet's merchandise manager, came over to me & said, "I know we've met once before, but I thought I'd come over & introduce myself anyway!" I met her once last August for about 5 seconds. I can't believe she remembered that. We chatted a bit about babies, & how she & Scotty can't decide on a name. "If it's a girl, I want to name her Sophia Rose," Judy says, "but Scotty likes Scotty Rose, which I don't think is very feminine at all. And one Scotty is enough!" I said, "I don't know, it could be kind of cute! Like, if you called her Scotti Rose, with an i instead of a y." Her eyes got big & she goes, "You know, that IS cuter! I knew I liked you Cara!" Haha. Jen wandered in for a minute & said hello, & we chatted about the School of Worship for a minute, so that was cool. Korey came in with Xav too & said hello.
When it was time for the meet & greet we got a picture & I told John & Korey I just got back from Wisconsin & that I'm probably going to SOW next year. They were both really excited & asked if it was cold while I was there. "You went to Kenosha?" Ben asked when he heard that. I said yeah & he goes, "You're going to the school of worship aren't you!! That's so cool, you will have such an amazing time. And I help out alot so I'll see you around alot." Maybe Ben doesn't think I'm a creeper. Haha. Scotty called me over then & asked if I had talked to Judy about merchandise. I said no, & he told me to go find her. So I tracked down Judy & told her what Scotty said. "Well, I don't want to ruin your evening," she said, "I know you're with your friends...but we ARE short one person at the merch table..." I told her I would gladly help out if she needed it, & so I worked the table all night. Not quite the front row, but it was a whole other amazing experience. And I could still see the show from the table so that was pretty cool. Judy told me after it was over to take anything I wanted, so I picked up a t-shirt for my cousin & a pair of drum sticks. She also told me they're going to have 3 days off in Tulsa sometime next week, so I gave her my number when I was leaving & told her to call if they need anything at all while they're here. After I helped her do inventory & pack everything up, she said, "Thanks so much again for your help...I'll call you next week!" I hope she does!
This is a much shorter update, but I suppose no one wants to hear about every t-shirt sold all night long. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment